Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Thank You To My Supporters

I've spent more than a year working on Cohesive alongside partners Midiflash Mix And Mastering. I think things are coming along well, but we've obviously hit a bit of a stalemate.

Initially I let it begin to drag me down, I want to get this out there too the people! my brain was screaming, but things take time, and usually, the more time dedicated to assembling an album, the better the final product will be.

But I still had that itch to get some music out there.

Three months ago I began working on a small EP, now titled "Am I Alive". If the people were going to have to wait an extended period of time before I put some new music out there, then I was going to dedicate every bit of myself to releasing some form of music, I was going to recruit quality musicians, and I was going to do things right.

So, that's exactly what I did. When not working, I worked the phones and the emails. I worked any angle available to me; the end result is an EP that's diverse despite it's limited run time, and there are true quality contributors involved in this project.

Distribution is falling right inline with a large amount of retailers lined up to stock the album. All in all, it hasn't been cheap, but it's been rewarding thus far.

The thing I find most rewarding however is the overwhelming support I've received online. For the first time I can recall I sold out my first press via pre-order before I even received the package in the mail. Given I'm printing this album in limited number press, it was quite astonishing, and truly mind blowing.

I've received plenty of support over the years, but in terms of here, in cyber space... it's just never been this amazing. I thank you all from the bottom of my alcohol infested gut. Your aupport means more to me than you can even begin to imagine.

IL

No comments: